Costa Rica – Endless Adventure for Young Explorers
Attention Grabbing Sub-Heading or Quote from the Post
If you’ve got adventurous teens, a family vacation in Costa Rica might be right up their alley. Your family will discover a variety of wildlife, explore the canal systems of the Tortuguero rain forest on the Caribbean coast, and visit the pristine beaches of Manuel Antonio National Park on the Pacific coast. Here is a sample itinerary you can look forward to.
Day 1 - Arrive in San Jose
Today you can settle in and become used to your new surroundings before you and your family begin an adventure of a lifetime.
Days 2 and 3 - Sarapiqui Region
This region is named for the immense river that flows through it, and your family will hit the Sarapiqui River for an invigorating Class III white water rafting adventure. This area is warm, so the splashing waters will feel wonderful as your family makes its way over clear rapids that run through the lush rain forest. There is excellent birdwatching here as well.
You will visit the following popular sites:
- La Paz Waterfall Gardens: This wildlife park has the largest butterfly garden in the world and includes hummingbirds, tropical gardens, and an array of waterfalls. After spending some time learning about the Costa Rican flora and fauna, your family can hike the surrounding scenic trails.
- White water Rafting: Once you’ve been outfitted with life jackets, helmets, and paddles, it’s off to the Class III rapids of the Sarapiqui River. This rafting trip is first timer-friendly.
Days 4 and 5 - Tortuguero, Caribbean Coast
An endless system of rivers and canals make Tortuguero the most biologically diverse region of Costa Rica. They also allow for some extraordinary in-depth exploration by boat. You may come across crocodiles, lizards, toucans, sea turtles, and howler monkeys.
These two days will include:
- Jungle Boat Expedition: Explore Tortuguero’s intricate river system via motorized jungle boat. As you wind your way through the lowland rain forest, your guide will be keeping his eyes peeled for the unusual wildlife that
livein the region.
- Kayaking: You and your teens can meet for a kayaking trip through the waterways for some more rain forest exploration through the maze of canals.
Days 6 to 8 - Manuel Antonio, Pacific Coast
Not only does the rain forest zip line canopy tour provide a fun time for all as you glide high above the ground from one platform to another, but it also serves as an aid in the preservation of the world’s endangered rain forests.
Your family will participate in the following:
- Zipline Canopy Tour: Get ready for a bird’s-eye view of the rain forest you’ll never forget. Gliding through the air surrounded by nature is such an exhilarating feeling that this high-flying adventure is sure to be
- Explore Manuel Antonio National Park: This nature preserve juts out into the ocean, so it offers excellent opportunities for wildlife viewing along its trails as well as pristine white sand beaches for swimming.
Day 9 – Depart San Jose for Home
Your family will remember this vacation for years to come. Be sure to bring an extra memory card for your digital camera because you’ll be taking hundreds of pictures while on this exciting journey to Costa Rica.
Save Time. Save Money. Safe Effort.
Let eGO Vacations take the stress out of your next getaway with our free vacation planning service.